As the old saying goes, there is no better time than now.
I had been saying for years that I was going to run a 5k, then a 10k, then work my way up. My husband even dug up an old blog post of his that said I was running my first 5k in April of 2009. It didn’t happen and I don’t remember why.
This year I finally did it. I ran my first 5k. But instead of just crossing it off my list I added more goals and dreams.
My mantra is keep life interesting and always have a challenge and that’s what I intend to do – care to join me?
The Lady Speed Stick Women’s Half Marathon and Women’s Running Magazine 5k is coming to my town next month and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m currently training for the 5k. I’m not quite
ready for the half marathon, that will be next year, though I wish it was this year. Have you seen the gorgeous, shiny Half Marathon Finisher’s Medals? Each race in the series has a unique medal with a removable charm that you can wear on a necklace. Still, the 5k medal still looks pretty sharp. Not to mention all runner bibs are personalized with the runner’s names!
Both Bloomington races will take place on Sunday, August 26, 2012, the day before my kids’ first day of school which is a great way to kick off the new school year, and will be held in Bloomington, MN, home of Mall of America (my local shopping mall). And events will be going strong all weekend.
Even if you don’t live here in Minnesota this race series is crossing the country with several other races including Nashville, TN (9/22), Scottsdale, AZ (11/4), and St. Petersburg, FL (11/18).
In addition, I’m honored to be an Ambassador of Good Health blogger. Over the coming weeks I’m going to be blogging about running, my personal experiences and hopefully inspire you – no matter where you are in your quest for good health and fitness – to challenge yourself whether this will be your first or your fiftieth.
In the meantime, would you like to win a free entry to the Women’s Running Magazine 5k? Here’s your chance.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Leave a comment below stating what city you would pick to run your race if you are the winner.
2. You may enter daily starting today through next Friday July 27, 2012 10am CST. The winner will be chosen by the online random number generator random.org. I will email the winner asap with details. The winner’s race registration will need to be returned by August 1.
3. For additional entries you must come back and leave another comment for the extra entries to count but you may enter as many of these as many times as you like:
- Follow Lady Speed Stick Half Marathon Series on Twitter or Like Lady Speed Stick Women’s Half Marathon on Facebook.
- Share this giveaway post on any social media outlet (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Blogs, etc). You may customize your own or use: I entered to win a 5k entry in @WomensHalf series with @BethBlair: http://bit.ly/ladies5k
As an Ambassador of Good Health for Women’s Half Marathon Series I am receiving a comped entry to the 5k race.